SAVE POULTRY INDUSTRY, PANOG CRIES OUT
The Poultry Association Of Nigeria, Ogun State Chapter, in a recent press release has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Ministry of Agriculture for a quick intervention in preventing the poultry industry from imminent collapse.
According to the press release, in August 2020 Maize and Soya were sold at ₦170,000:00 & ₦115,000:00per ton respectively with Market Price of Commercial Finished feeds at an average price of ₦3300 per bag of 25kg
While the price of Maize remained at ₦170,000:00 per ton in September, Soya jumped to ₦125,000:00 with feeds at ₦3600
In October, while the farmers were glad of a small decrease in Maize to ₦152,000:00/ ton, Soya rose again to ₦150,000:00/ton, Commercial Feeds then was ₦3959:00
Get a cash bonus when you signup and save on the Cowrywise app with my invite code JOSEPLWV or invite link.
Buy this important EBOOK now: 50 KEY FACTS YOU SHOULD MASTER TO MAKE MORE AND MORE MONEY IN POULTRY FARMING BUSINESS
As at today, Maize is ₦145,000:00, Soya ₦215,000:00 and Commercial Feeds at ₦4,400:00 while the market is already resisting a tray of egg for above 1000.
Intelligence gatherings on issues around price increases in maize and soya reveals
- Hoarding of the Maize and Soya by Merchants thereby causing artificial scarcity
- Export of processed Soya Bean Meal by some millers.
- Poor harvest due to low quality seeds, climate change, insecurity in the
grains producing zones amongst other factors.
PANOG is calling on the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Ministry of Agriculture for a quick intervention in the following areas.
- Immediate ban on the export of processed Soyabeans and Soya Bean Meal until local consumption is sustained and guaranteed
- Approve Importation of Animal Feed Grade Grains to cushion effect of the feed crisis
- The CBN through its Development Finance Department to facilitate a working relationship between the producers (grain farmers) and the consumers (poultry farmers) to check the profiteering tendencies of the merchants
- Intensify efforts on dry season farming to improve production capacity while not neglecting the quality of the seed to ensure high yield to reduce high cost of production per hectare.
PANOG is also using this medium to call on the Commercial Feeds Millers to show some level of consideration in their pricing as the survival of the Poultry Farmers is directly related to the continued existence of the Millers.
Dear Farmer, you can join my newly formed WORLD FARMERS CENTRE WhatsApp group to get more value from me and interact with other farmers. As soon as you join, I will send a FREE digital copy of our popular magazine FARMING ADVICE DIGEST to you. YOU CAN JOIN HERE