21 Animal Nutrition Terms Every Serious Farmer Should Know Part 2
- Digestibility refers to the extent to which a feedstuff is absorbed in the animal body as it passes through an animal’s digestive tract
- Digestible energy provides an indication of the actual amount of energy from a feed that can be available for use by the animal.
- Proteins (CRUDE PROTEIN CP) are organic compounds composed of building blocks called amino acids.
Read Also: 21 Animal Nutrition Terms Every Serious Farmer Should Know Part 1
- Carbohydrates are biochemical compounds composed only of the elements carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, and are the main source of energy for animals.
- This older proximate method was used to divide car- bohydrates into digestible and indigestible fractions. When CF content is higher, the energy content of the feed is lower because crude fiber is considered indigestible.
- Concentrates refer to animal feeds that are rich in ener- gy and/or protein but low in fiber, such as corn, soybean meal, oats, wheat, molasses, etc.
- Amino acid is a class of nitrogen-containing molecules containing an amine group, a carboxylic acid group and a side chain that varies between different amino acids.
- Amino acids are the building blocks from which protein is made in the body. There are 20 known standard amino acids forming various proteins.
- Fungal or mold growth in or on foods and feed can result in the production of many different types of toxic biochemicals. As a group, these toxic substances are commonly called mycotoxins.
- The term aflatoxins refers to a particular group of mycotoxins produced by some species of the genus Aspergillus.
- Balanced ration is complete feed formulated to provide a specific ani- mal species and class with appropriate amounts of all nutrients required for maintenance and a given level of performance.
Read, comment, and don’t forget to share
From WORLD FARMERS CENTRE
Dear Farmer, you can join my newly formed WORLD FARMERS CENTRE WhatsApp group to get more value from me and interact with other farmers. As soon as you join, I will send a FREE digital copy of our popular magazine FARMING ADVICE DIGEST to you. YOU CAN JOIN HERE
YOU CAN ALSO WATCH, LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY SUCCESS IN FARMING TV CHANNEL HERE