[ACT NOW] See how to keep the deadly Avian Influenza from your farm Part 1
Biosecurity on Premises
- Develop and follow a premise-specific, comprehensive biosecurity plan. Share details with all employees.
- Post signs warning individuals not to enter the farm or any of its buildings because of disease control status (No Admittance, Restricted Area, Biosecurity Zone).
- Keep poultry under roof and house doors locked at all times.
- Have an effective rodent control program for all buildings on the farm.
- Secure poultry houses against wild or free-flying birds, including those nesting in eaves.
- Keep poultry houses secure from wildlife, such as skunks and opossums. Remove if they gain entrance.
READ ALSO: Dear Poultry Farmers, how many ears do you have? See the scare letter on Avian Flu outbreak
- Avoid backyard birds if you are a commercial producer or employee.
- Keep pets away from chicken houses, egg rooms, and egg processing areas.
- Keep feed bins in good shape and secured at all times to prevent contamination by wild birds or rodents. Clean up spilled feed promptly.
- Make sure wild birds or rodents cannot access water supplies for drinkers and cool cells.
WATCH OUT FOR PART 2…
FOR EFFECTIVE BIOSECURITY, USE THE PRODUCTS BELOW
CALL +234 805 337 5364, +234 806 714 0298, +234 803 787 4810, +234 818 340 4142