SEE WHAT PAN IS DOING ABOUT THE CURRENT EGG GLUT
GREAT FARMERS, GREAT NATION.
PAN NATIONAL, SW AND OGUN PROACTIVE AND INTERVENTION EFFORTS SO FAR
A. National Level
1. The president called for a NWC meeting last week to deliberate on the lingering egg glut caused by the Naira redesign monetary policy.
2. Various advocacy visits and presentations had been done by the PAN national executives on print media in the past weeks.
3. A 6-man committee was set up last week to look into the egg glut issues and come up with short, medium and long term solutions. The committee has already swung into action with Dayo Obasanjo as the committee chairman.
4. SOS Letters sent to FMARD, NEMA, FMHDM, FMTAI etc are beginning to yield positive results as at yesterday meetings in Abuja.
5. PAN president has mandated the convening of a Poultry Summit latest June, 2023
READ ALSO Reproductive failure in cattle: What to know about Leptospirosis
B. Regional Level
1. The southwest Vice president convened a meeting last week Thursday in Ibadan.
2. The need for strategic partnership with DAWN was discussed with the view to solving some input and offtake problems.
3. There would be a SW world press conference in Ibadan next week.
ATTENTION: Click “HERE” to receive More updates directly on your WhatsApp!
4. Egg powder projects will kick off in Lagos and Ondo before the end of this year.
C. State Level
1. PANOG meeting held with the State Governor lately and a follow up meeting soon
2. Visit to the Vice- President Elect along side Sen. Lekan Mustapha and visit to the Minister for Agriculture along side the National President, DG, former PAN president and SE Vice President.
READ ALSO Nigeria ready for genome editing technology —NABDA
3. SOS Letters to be written to the President, Senate President, Speaker and CBN Governor.
4. Working with Labour union for last mile engagement with the government.
5. Zonal chairmen to liaise with Local government chairmen and commissioners representing each of the LGs within their respective zones.
6. Calls for industry regulation and systemic de-population of birds on farms.
READ ALSO Why European Countries Reject Kontagora, Potiskum Beans’
7. Calls for litigation against the Federal Government and CBN for imminent collapse of the industry
E-Signed Idowu Asenuga PANOG Chairman