8 recommendations for pig deworming
Here are eight recommendations for pig deworming with a full explanation:
1. Use a fecal egg count: Before deworming, it is important to perform a fecal egg count to determine the parasite load in the pigs. This will help to choose the appropriate dewormer.
2. Rotate dewormers: Rotate dewormers to ensure that the parasites do not develop resistance to a particular product. Use a different class of dewormer each time.
3. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations: Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding dosage, administration, and withdrawal times.
4. Deworm all pigs at the same time: Deworm all pigs in the same pen at the same time to prevent re-infection.
5. Practice good hygiene: Practice good hygiene, such as cleaning and sanitizing equipment, to prevent the spread of parasites.
6. Provide good nutrition: Provide pigs with a balanced diet to maintain good health and immunity.
7. Practice pasture management: Practice good pasture management, such as rotating pigs through different pastures and removing manure, to reduce parasite load.
8. Monitor for re-infection: Monitor pigs for re-infection and repeat deworming as necessary.
ATTENTION: Click “HERE” to receive More updates directly on your WhatsApp!
By following these recommendations, pig owners can effectively manage parasite loads and maintain their pigs’ health.
🧩CREATED BY DR JOSEPH DEJI-FOLUTILE