1. Provide a farm gate sign indicating biosecurity levels in effect on the farm
2. Place restricted entry notices on the doors to animal facilities.
3. Keep service vehicles as far away from the animal facilities as feasible
Get a cash bonus when you signup and save on the Cowrywise app with my invite code JOSEPLWV or invite link.
4. Designate a parking area for vehicles entering the farm, away from traffic areas used by farm vehicles and away from feed and manure.
5. Visitors’ vehicles should be visibly clean of manure and organic matter.
6. Establish one area of the farm for visitors to enter if required.
7. All visitors should go directly to the entry point. 8. Consider installing a bell or alarm system for visitors to indicate their arrival
9. Keep a visitor log or record of the names, dates and vehicles that visit.
10. Determine if, when and what types of farms have been visited prior to your farm. As a precaution, 48 hours may be required between visits (1 week for foreign visitors).
11. Restrict access to animal facilities to essential visitors only.
12. Keep visitors out of animal pens and feed alleys, and do not allow direct contact with animals if not essential.
13. Insist on clean clothing and/or supply clean boots and clothing at your farm.
Culled from FARMING ADVICE DIGEST